When it comes to spring cleaning the house (something 59% of people do), the best way to approach it is one room at a time. As each room is tidied, out-of-date papers and unwanted knick-knacks are discarded to make room for newer, more purposeful items. Once spring cleaning is complete, a whopping 94% of people say they feel a strong sense of accomplishment.
The room-by-room approach works for pretty much any home, no matter how big or how small. If you take the same approach to your business-critical mobile operations, you can give it a solid spring cleaning too.
Your Business-Critical Mobile Operations: A House with Many Rooms
At home, your front hall may connect to your living room, which may connect to your kitchen, which may connect to your home office. They work together to help you navigate from one place to another, which is easier to do when they’re clean and organized.
Now, look at your mobile deployments and how interconnected they are with each other. You build and deploy business-critical apps onto the managed mobile devices your remote workers use. When there’s an issue with those apps or devices, you rely on diagnostic intelligence to remotely solve the problem and minimize downtime. Should there be a need to print important documents or labels, you do so through Internet-enabled printers which you manage and monitor. You access it all through a secure, convenient portal and just like your home, it’s much easier to do when it’s neat and tidy.
Want to see how you can clean and organize your enterprise mobility strategy and mobile device deployments? Check out the following infographic or scroll below to find out.
The Best Way to Spring Clean Your Business-Critical Enterprise Mobility Strategy? One Step At A Time
Think about all aspects of your business-critical mobile strategy. You have data collection, app development, Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM), remote support, Internet of Things (IoT) management, collaboration processes and more.
Some of those elements may not be as clean as they could be. For example, it may take you months to develop an app which your organization needs in days.
But with the SOTI ONE Platform you can spring clean your enterprise mobility and keep it working smartly for years to come:
- Remove unneeded apps: Mobile devices like smartphones don’t have infinite capacity. However, 25% of all apps are used once and never again. If your remote workers have apps which they no longer need – and which are slowing down or compromising device performance – remove them quickly and remotely with SOTI MobiControl.
- Go paperless: The average employee generates 10,000 sheets of paper per year, 45% of which will end up in the trash. Digitizing paper-based processes with SOTI Snap not only makes data collection faster and more accurate, but it also eliminates paper clutter and is good for the environment too.
for further readingSaving Trees & Saving the Planet with SOTI Snap
- Patch those security holes: Data threats can get through the smallest security openings on your business-critical mobile devices. Businesses with old, outdated or unsecured devices are 65% more likely to experience a data breach than those without. Use SOTI MobiControl to seal any harmful security threats.
- Organize devices for personal and business use: Separating personal and business data on a single device is the best way to keep both protected. Not only is it a good idea, but it’s a desired one too as 70% of workers say they’ll use personal devices for business purposes if there’s clear separation between the two. SOTI MobiControl, combined with Google™ Android™ Enterprise ensures personal and corporate data stays organized and separated from each other.
for further readingSOTI MobiControl, Android Enterprise & Work Profile Come Together to Protect Privacy
- Identify and recycle old batteries: Having old, unreliable batteries in your fleet of mobile devices isn’t very efficient and blindly discarding them doesn’t help the environment either. SOTI XSight gives you visibility into which batteries are healthy and which ones are not. By knowing which batteries need replacing, you can save your organization money by only purchasing the ones you need. Do your part to save the planet since recycling batteries has a 90% smaller ecological footprint compared to throwing them away and manufacturing new ones.
for further readingThree Ways to Reduce Your E-Waste Footprint
- Find and organize lost and misplaced printers: In the enterprise, printers often move locations, which results in 90% of businesses not knowing how many printers they actually have. But once a networked printer is registered with SOTI Connect, you can track it as it moves from one spot to another.
- Improve access control: Identity Access Management (IAM) is the front door lock to your Mobile Device Management platform. SOTI Identity protects access to the SOTI ONE Platform so only the right users with the right credentials can log in; a good thing when you consider that 61% of all data breaches are due to credential abuse.
- Work together through collaboration: It’s good to get a little help from your friends since 75% of employees say collaboration is important to success. Visit SOTI Central to connect, collaborate and communicate with other SOTI users and partners.
Get Cleaning. Get Organized. Get Going with the SOTI ONE Platform
If this is the year to clean up your business-critical mobile operations, the best way to do so is with the SOTI ONE Platform.
And the best way to start is with a FREE, no obligation, 30-day trial of the SOTI ONE Platform or by scheduling a FREE product demo where we’ll walk you through the SOTI ONE Platform.