Before COVID-19, many businesses globally were already adopting a work from home mindset. In the U.S., for example, there was a 159% increase in remote work between 2005 and 2017.1
Since the onset of the global pandemic, many companies (such as SOTI) have transitioned to a remote workforce.
But not all companies were ready for it, as indicated by the following statistics2 :
- When asked about work from home preparedness, 34% of employees thought their companies were not fully equipped to support a remote workforce.
- 31% of companies did not issue any formal communication about working at home due to COVID-19.
- 75% of companies did not proactively institute a work from home strategy in anticipation of the impact of the novel coronavirus.
Employees want to work from home, they want to use their own devices, and they want their companies to support them
Perhaps the most telling figures are that 31% of employees think COVID-19 is the trigger for remote work policies at their company and 80% of people are happy working from home.3
When employees are working from home (or in the office, for that matter), they want to use their personal devices to perform business-critical tasks for a variety of reasons:
- Approximately 46% of workers believe their personal devices are more effective and productive compared to company-issued devices.4
- Employees save 58 minutes per day while increasing productivity by 34% when they use their own devices.5
- 80% of employees use their personal devices for work daily.6
Companies who adopt a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) mindset are also seeing cost savings of $350 per year, per employee.7
Proven BYOD Strategies for Your Remote Workers
For businesses and employees alike, implementing proven BYOD strategies for remote workers ensures data security, device efficiency and worker productivity beyond COVID-19, while lowering the total cost of ownership (TCO) of BYOD too.
Check out the infographic below for some statistics and strategies around BYOD for your remote workers.
Let SOTI Help You Manage Your BYOD Deployments So You Can Help Your Remote Employees
Whether your organization has already employed BYOD policies and remote work, or if it needs to make the switch due to COVID-19, SOTI can help.
Through the SOTI ONE Platform, you can manage and monitor your at-home workers’ BYOD performance without impacting their productivity or jeopardizing personal data security:
- Protect against malicious apps by quickly building and deploying the business-critical apps your business needs with SOTI Snap.
- Use SOTI MobiControl – now with SOTI XTreme Technology – to manage devices, securely share files and data with remote workers, and wipe and lockdown BYOD devices if they become compromised.
- Remotely diagnose, troubleshoot and fix BYOD issues with SOTI Assist. From anywhere in the world, you can whiteboard, annotate and even record the IT help desk session for future reference.
- How are your BYOD devices performing? SOTI Insight has the answers. It is a business intelligence solution that delivers out-of-the-box analytics on app, data and network usage.
- No matter what BYOD devices your remote workers are using, SOTI MobiControl lets you manage any device or endpoint, with any form factor, and any operating system.
- To help remote IT workers stay connected, SOTI Central is an online community where they can communicate and collaborate with product experts and other solutions providers to get the most out of their mobile and IoT deployments.
Reach out to us with any questions about our products and services and how they can help you manage BYOD devices for an at-home workforce.