SOTI Trademarks & Copyrights Guideline
SOTI Inc., formally known as Soft Object Technologies Incorporated, prides itself in the development and protection of its logos, trademarks, service marks, trade names, trade dress, and copyrights (“SOTI Marks”) and reserves all rights of ownership in all active and pending SOTI Marks. The following guidelines are for SOTI licensees, authorized resellers, developers, customers, and other third parties wishing to use SOTI Marks or images in promotional, advertising, instructional, or reference materials, or on their web sites, products, labels, or packaging. Use of SOTI Marks may be prohibited, unless expressly authorized.
If you are a licensee of a SOTI Mark and have been provided with special mark usage guidelines with your license agreement, please follow those as guidelines. If your license agreement does not provide usage guidelines, then follow these guidelines. If you are an authorized SOTI partner you may be subject to additional restrictions.
SOTI Marks are valuable assets. In following these guidelines, you assist SOTI to protect its valuable mark rights and strengthen the SOTI corporate and brand identities. By using a SOTI Mark, in whole or in part, you are acknowledging that SOTI is the sole owner of the mark and promising that you will not interfere with SOTI’s rights in the mark, including challenging SOTI’s use, registration of, or application to register such mark, alone or in combination with other words, anywhere in the world, and that you will not harm, misuse, or bring into disrepute any SOTI Mark.
The goodwill derived from using any part of a SOTI Mark exclusively inures to the benefit of and belongs to SOTI. Except for the limited right to use as expressly permitted under these guidelines, no other rights of any kind are granted hereunder, by implication or otherwise. You take full responsibility for any misuse, unauthorized use or damage caused to any party as a result of your use of the SOTI Mark.
If you have any questions regarding these guidelines, please contact to your SOTI representative or submit your query to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Use of SOTI Marks
On product, product documentation, or other product communications that will be distributed, use the appropriate trademark symbol (TM, SM, ®) the first time a SOTI Mark appears in the text of the advertisement, brochure, documentation or other material. Refer to the SOTI Mark list for the correct trademark symbol, spelling of the trademark, and generic term to use with the trademark. Generally, the symbol appears at the right shoulder of the trademark.
Include an attribution of SOTI ownership of trademark in the credit notice section of your documentation, advertisement, or page/screen.
Please follow this format example:
“SOTI is a registered trademark of SOTI Inc. in the United States and in other jurisdictions.”
1) SOTI Marks may not be used in any manner that might imply that any non-SOTI materials, including but not limited to goods, services, websites, or publications are sponsored, endorsed, licensed by, or affiliated with SOTI.
2) SOTI Marks may not be displayed as a primary or prominent feature on any non-SOTI materials. Third parties using the logo pursuant to these guidelines must also display in the primary and more prominent position, their own logo(s), business name, product names, or other branding.
3) SOTI Marks may not be imitated or used as a design feature in any manner.
4) SOTI Marks may not be used in a manner that would disparage SOTI or its products or services.
5) SOTI Marks must be used as provided by SOTI with no changes. SOTI marks may not be animated, morphed, or otherwise distorted in perspective or appearance.
6) Do not shorten, abbreviate, or create acronyms for SOTI Marks.
7) Do not translate the text of any SOTI Mark.
8) SOTI Marks should never be used in the possessive or plural form. The product name should be used as a proper adjective followed by an appropriate descriptor.
9) Do not use SOTI Marks in your product or service name or your company name.
10) Do not use product, service, or company names that could be confused with SOTI Marks.
Use of the SOTI Logo
No third party may use the SOTI logo unless it has the express written permission of SOTI, or is licensed by SOTI to do so. The following guidelines are the limited circumstances under which third parties may use the SOTI logo. The SOTI Logo must always be used pursuant to the specifications of these guidelines. Any use outside of these guidelines is strictly prohibited.
1) Third parties may only use the SOTI Logo without a license only under the following limited circumstances:
(i) In advertising, marketing collateral, or a website that reference your connection with SOTI provided that the area in which the SOTI logo is used includes the corporate logo of at least one (1) other company with which you have a similar relationship.
(ii) In an area of a website, advertising, or marketing collateral exclusively dedicated to the sales of SOTI products, and in such a manner that associates licensed SOTI software with the SOTI logo.
2) The SOTI logo may not be used in any manner that might imply that any non-SOTI materials, including but not limited to goods, services, websites, or publications are sponsored, endorsed, licensed by, or affiliated with SOTI.
3) The SOTI logo may not be displayed as a primary or prominent feature on any non-SOTI materials. Third parties using the logo pursuant to these guidelines must also display in the primary and more prominent position, their own logo(s), business name, product names, or other branding.
4) The SOTI logo may not be imitated or used as a design feature in any manner.
5) The SOTI logo may not be used in a manner that would disparage SOTI or its products or services.
6) The logo must be used as provided by SOTI with no changes, including but not limited to changes in the color, proportion, or design, or removal of any words, artwork, or trademark symbols. The logo may not be animated, morphed, or otherwise distorted in perspective or appearance.
7) Use only approved SOTI logo artwork.
8) To properly stage the SOTI logo, a minimum clearance between the logo and other elements must be maintained.
9) The SOTI logo must always be at least 60 pixels in width.
10) The SOTI logo must appear only in a horizontal position.
11) The SOTI logo must stand alone and may not be combined with any other object, including but not limited to other logos, words, graphics, photos, slogans, numbers, design features, or symbols.
12) The SOTI logo must not be incorporated or used in any manner as part of, or in close proximity to another company’s name, domain name, product or service name, logo, trade dress, design, slogan, or other trademarks. The SOTI logo must never appear with any other symbol or icon (except the registered trademark symbol); contained within a box, circle, or other shape; or combined with any other name, logo, or icon to create a co-branded logo.
13) The attribution clause must accompany use of the SOTI logo.
14) Neither the SOTI logo nor the SOTI name may be used in any other company name, product name, service name, domain name, website title, publication title, or the like.
15) Non-SOTI materials should not mimic any SOTI advertising, product packaging, or website design.
SOTI reserves the right in its sole discretion to terminate or modify permission to display the SOTI logo, and may request that third parties modify or delete any use of the SOTI logo that, in SOTI’s sole judgment, does not comply with these guidelines, or might otherwise impair SOTI’s rights in the SOTI logo.