SOTI Builds on Partnership With Google™ Announcing SOTI MobiControl Validation In The Android Enterprise Recommended Program
SOTI MobiControl Plays a Vital Role in Enabling and Managing Android Features and Services
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada – January 14, 2019 – Today, Google announced that it has named SOTI MobiControl, as a validated solution in the Android Enterprise Recommended program. SOTI’s flagship Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solution, SOTI MobiControl, remotely supports and manages Android devices throughout the entire lifecycle through its SOTI Android+ technology.
More than 50 percent of smartphones used in businesses run Android. To help companies better manage and protect Android devices, Google launched its Android Enterprise Recommended program to validate EMM solutions with the most comprehensive technical solutions and with knowledgeable teams focused on modern Android security and management.
“We’re excited to recognize SOTI as part of the Android Enterprise Recommended for the Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) program,” said David Still, Managing Director of Android Enterprise Business. “With this program, we set out to make it easy for customers to deploy, manage, and secure Android devices through validated EMM solutions that offer advanced enterprise features, and are backed by trained support and expertise. We are pleased SOTI has joined us in this effort to help customers take advantage of modern Android Enterprise management.”
“SOTI MobiControl’s validation as part of the Android Enterprise Recommended program confirms the company’s leadership in Android management,” said Larry Klimczyk, Vice-President, Strategic Alliances at SOTI. “Organizations depend on Android devices for business-critical operations. They require best-in-class security, quick, seamless device deployment, and cannot risk device/worker downtime. SOTI MobiControl delivers this to our clients around the world along with the endless opportunities to deliver solid guidance to help our customers build a strategy for successful long-term Android usage.”
SOTI MobiControl’s best in class Android Management, powered by Android+ provides consistent management of Android devices, regardless of device manufacturer and supports all device deployments. It offers key management capabilities that organizations typically require, including:
- Enterprise provisioning/enrollment – Enrollment via NFC bump, typing in an EMM token (i.e. code), scanning QR codes, or via Android zero-touch enrollment.
- Support for Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) deployments – Deploy work profiles that contain apps and account settings and ensure they are kept separate from personal apps and accounts.
- Support for company-owned devices – Setup devices in the device owner mode of operation during their initial boot to support device-wide management settings and actions such as, factory reset.
- Google Play integration – Silently push Google Play apps to devices without requiring the user to use their own Google account credentials or login to a Google work account with their Active Directory credentials.
- Remote control – Remotely troubleshoot devices to resolve issues from anywhere and get them back up and running within minutes.
- Scheduled app deployments – Avoid disruptions during critical periods of operation by scheduling the silent installation and updates of line of business (LOB) apps.
- Real-time location services (RTLS) – Granular, location-based services for locating assets, and securing and updating apps and content based on location.
*Google, Android, and Google Play Protect are trademarks of Google LLC.
About SOTI Inc.
SOTI is the world's most trusted provider of mobile and IoT device management solutions, with more than 17,000 enterprise customers and millions of devices managed worldwide. SOTI's innovative portfolio of solutions and services provide the tools organizations need to truly mobilize their operations and optimize their mobility investments. SOTI extends secure mobility management to provide a total, flexible solution for comprehensive management and security of all mobile devices and connected peripherals deployed in an organization. For more information, visit www.soti.net.