SOTI Event Registrant Terms and Conditions
These Event Registrant Terms and Conditions ("Agreement") govern your registration, attendance and/or participation in SOTI events (“Event”). SOTI may update this Agreement at any time, and the most current published version (available at www.soti.net/about/legal/)of the Agreement will apply.
By registering for, attending, and/or participating in the Event, you are agreeing to these terms, which form a legal contract between the SOTI entity and the individual or entity successfully registered to attend and/or participate in the Event (“You” and/or “Registrant”). If you are registering for the Event on behalf of another individual and/or entity, or SOTI has approved your Substitution Request, you represent and warrant that: (i) you have the authority to register and/or substitute your registration to that other individual or entity; and (ii) you have made the other individual or entity are aware of these terms; and (iii) that other individual or entity has accepted this Agreement. In all circumstances, you represent and warrant that all information you provide in connection with the Event is complete, truthful, and accurate. SOTI reserves the right to reject or cancel a registration for the Event. SOTI disclaims any liability for any costs, damages, lost opportunity, and/or claims in connection with a rejected registration.
1 Event Admission
- 1.1 Admittance. Subject to payment of fees, your registration entitles you to admittance to the Event. SOTI and/or its affiliates are not responsible for any other costs you might incur to attend and/or participate in the Event (including travel and/or accommodation expenses).
- 1.2 Authentication. Upon arrival at the Event, you must present your Event registration confirmation email, and if requested photo identification, to a SOTI representative to claim your Event access badge (“Event Badge”). You shall visibly wear the Event Badge at all times during the Event. SOTI reserves the right to deny your entry and/or re-entry to the Event for failure to display your Event Badge and/or when requested by a SOTI representative and/or other Event staff. All Event Badges are the property of SOTI and must be returned to SOTI upon request.
- 1.3 Replacement Badge. If Registrant’s Event Badge is lost, misplaced, stolen or forgotten, Registrant shall promptly notify SOTI. SOTI reserves the exclusive right to determine if a Replacement Badge will be issued to you. For clarity, Replacement Badges are not guaranteed and might be subject to an additional badge replacement fee.
2 Fee(s) and Registration
- 2.1 Registration. Only a single individual can be associated with a single registration. Registration for the Event and Event Badges are personal to you and cannot be shared between two or more individuals or any third-party. You shall keep your registration information up to date at all times.
- 2.2 Payment. The payment of applicable fees in connection with the Event (“Fees”) (plus any administrative expenses or applicable taxes or duties) are due upon registration and/or immediately for any other additional fees SOTI charges for the Event.
- 2.3 Incomplete Payment. An attempted registration will be deemed rejected should the payment of the applicable Fees be incomplete, insufficient, and/or subsequently declined. SOTI may revoke your access to the event due to incomplete payments.
3 Cancellation and Substitution Policy
- 3.1 Cancellation. ALL SALES ARE FINAL. Event registrations and Fees are non-cancelable and non-refundable. After you have completed your registration for the Event, if you cancel your attendance or decide not to attend, you forfeit any payment. You shall not contact any third party regarding this Section.
- 3.2 Substitution. After registering for the Event, you may request a substitute individual from your organization to attend the Event in your place (“Substitute”) by submitting a request to SOTI (“Substitution Request”). SOTI reserves the right to accept or reject a Substitution Request at SOTI’s exclusive discretion. If SOTI approves a Substitution Request, the Substitute will be deemed the “Registrant” for the purpose of this Agreement.
4 Code of Conduct
- 4.1 Expected Behaviour. SOTI does not tolerate harassment of any kind whether in person or electronically, including any inappropriate language, comments, and/or behavior. All individuals at the Event, including you and any other attendees, staff, speakers, exhibitors and/or supporters, shall demonstrate and maintain a respectful, considerate, and courteous attitude and interactions towards everyone they engage with at the Event and/or other offsite Event engagements, including interactions that occur online, on social media, at the Event venue, and/or offsite Event engagements.
- 4.2 Removal. SOTI reserves the right to revoke your registration and/or remove you from the Event if SOTI, in its sole discretion, determines that your presence and/or behaviour creates a disruption or hinderance to the Event and/or other individual’s the enjoyment of the Event. Anyone who has experienced improper behaviour in violation of this policy is encouraged to report it immediately to SOTI.
5 Personal Belongings
- 5.1 Prohibited items. You shall not enter or bring to the Event any personal belongings or other items that are prohibited by law, inappropriate, and/or that could cause harm and/or disruption to the Event, individuals at the Event, and/or the Event venue (“Prohibited Items”). SOTI reserves the right to immediately remove and revoke your future access to the Event for the use, display, and/or solicitation of Prohibited Items.
- 5.2 Safekeeping. You are responsible and liable for your personal belongings, and/or any items you bring to the Event, including the security and safekeeping of such items. SOTI disclaims any liability for any lost, stolen and/or misplaced personal belongings, and/or items, and/or in connection with any Prohibited Items.
6 Disclaimer; Limitation of Liability
- 6.1 General Disclaimer. The Event is provided and administered “AS IS” without any additional representation or warranties of any kind, and SOTI disclaim all responsibility and/or liability related to your involvement with the Event. SOTI expressly disclaims: (i) any implied representations or warranties, including the accuracy or timelines of the Event and/or that the Event and/or Event materials are intended to be fit for a particular purpose, be satisfactory, and/or achieve the intended outcome you or the organization you represent expect; and (ii) any representations or warranties concerning the demographic nature and/or volume of exhibitors, sponsors, speakers, press and/ or attendees at any particular location or time at the Event or any offsite Event engagements.
- 6.2 Voluntary Risk. You are attending the Event voluntarily and at your own risk, and agree to be responsible and liable for any of your conduct at the Event and/or offsite Event engagements. SOTI and/or its affiliates will not be responsible or liable for your, and/or any individual or entity’s, reliance on any aspect of the Event and/or any information, materials, features, and/or applications provided in connection with the Event.
- 6.3 Limitation of Liability. Except as required by law, neither SOTI nor its affiliates will be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential costs, damages or losses arising directly or indirectly from the Event, any aspect related to the Event, and/or in connection with this Agreement. SOTI’s maximum aggregate liability in connection with the Event and/or this Agreement, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise (including any negligent act or omission), is limited to the amount you paid SOTI to attend the Event.
- 7.1 You and/or the organization you represent (as applicable) shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless SOTI and/or its affiliates, including its representatives, employees, officers, directors, partners, third-party service providers, contractors, and/or controlling persons from and against any liability, losses, expenses, attorney fees, and claims made against SOTI and/or its affiliates, for (a) injury or death to any person or damage to property in connection with your negligent acts or omissions, and/or (b) breach of this Agreement.
8 IP Rights and Ownership
- 8.1 Ownership. All intellectual property rights in and to the Event, including any Event content, Event Media and/or any materials distributed at or in connection with the Event are owned by SOTI, and/or or the applicable Event sponsors and/or or Event speakers.
- 8.2 No license. Nothing in this Agreement or in connection with your involvement with the Event grants you any legal or beneficial right in or to any trademarks or other intellectual property rights SOTI owns and/or licenses, all of which remains the exclusive property of SOTI and/or its affiliates.
- 8.3 Trademarks. You may not use or reproduce or allow anyone to use or reproduce any trademarks or other trade names appearing at the Event, in any Event content, Event Media, and/or materials distributed at or in connection with the Event for any reason without the prior written permission of SOTI, Event sponsors, and/or Event speakers (as applicable).
9 Confidential Information
- 9.1 “Confidential Information” means any information of and/or related to SOTI and/or its affiliates that is disclosed or that you learn during the Event, which is, or should be reasonably understood to be, confidential and/or proprietary to SOTI, its affiliates, and/or any of SOTI and/or its affiliates’ customers.
- 9.2 You shall not disclose any Confidential Information to any third party, without SOTI’s prior written consent. You may disclose Confidential information to representatives within your organization that have a need-to-know such information for the purpose of their participation in the Event, provided each such representative is bound by a confidentiality agreement with confidentiality obligations and protections as restrictive as contained in this Agreement.
- 9.3 You shall take all reasonable steps, not less diligent than the steps you take to protect your own confidential and proprietary information, to prevent the unauthorized disclosure of Confidential Information.
- 9.4 SOTI owns all rights, title, and interest in and to its Confidential Information, including any of SOTI intellectual property. Nothing in this agreement grants any rights to any of SOTI’s Confidential Information or any other proprietary or intellectual property rights.
- 9.5 You acknowledge that SOTI will suffer great loss and irreparable harm if you breach this Section. Without limiting any other remedies available at law, SOTI may seek, and you shall provide reasonable support to pursue, injunctive relief to prevent or minimize any breach of this Section.
10 Term; Termination
- 10.1 Term. This Agreement is effective and in force from the Effective Date until the end of the last date of the Event (“Term”).
- 10.2 Termination for cause. SOTI may immediately terminate this Agreement for any non-payment of Fees, or other non-compliance with this Agreement.
- 10.3 Survival. Notwithstanding any expiration or termination of this Agreement, you will remain responsible for those of your obligations which would naturally continue beyond any expiration or termination of this Agreement, including any payment obligations.
11 Privacy and Data Protection:
- 11.2 SOTI may use your personal information for the purpose of processing your registration and providing services in relation to the Event, including: managing Event access, dining, and administration (including before, after and during the Event); invoicing and payment processing; communicating with you about the Event; receiving any Event feedback; conducting quality checks; and/or authenticating Registrant identity. Your personal information may be used outside of your country of residence, including in countries which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country.
- 11.3 SOTI may disclose your personal information to SOTI’s service providers, including the Event venue and/or payment processing services, and any entities within the SOTI group of companies (including any entities that control, are controlled by, or under common control with SOTI) for the purpose of managing your registration, payment (which might involve payment processing services), attendance to the Event, and/or to administer the Event (“Third-Party Service Providers”). You expressly consent to SOTI disclosing your personal information to Third-Party Service Providers for the purposes set forth in Section 11.2. You understand that you may be subject to such Third-Party Service Providers’ own terms and conditions and agree to comply with such third-party terms.
- 11.4 SOTI, Event Sponsors, and/or the Event venue may have the capability to collect your personal information (such as name, title, organization, business address and business email) by scanning your Event Badge or through other means. By allowing such collection, you expressly consent to the collection, use, disclosure and/or storage (“process” or “processing”) of your personal information by SOTI, Event Sponsors, and/or the Event venue. Furthermore, Event sponsors and the Event venue may process your personal information in accordance with their own privacy policies including for the purpose of contacting you about their own products and/or services, and that SOTI shall not be responsible for the processing of any personal information by the Event sponsors or Event venue. You understand that under applicable privacy laws, the ability of Event sponsors to process your personal information may be considered a “sale” of personal information (as such term is defined under applicable laws). If you wish to opt-out of a “sale” of your personal information, please submit a request here
- 11.5 In carrying out the activities specified in this Agreement, SOTI employs security measures to protect your personal information from loss and/or misuse, and/or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
- 11.6 In the event you are registering for the Event on behalf of other individuals, you represent that you have sufficient authorization and have otherwise complied with applicable laws for the disclosure of any personal information to SOTI.
12 Event Changes; Force Majeure
- 12.1 Event Change. SOTI reserves the exclusive right to make changes to the Event at any time, including the Event name, date, duration, location, format, themes, speakers and/or sponsors (“Event Change”). SOTI disclaims any liability for any costs, damages, lost opportunity, and/or claims in connection with an Event Change.
- 12.2 Force Majeure. If the Event is hindered, delayed and/or prevented, because of circumstances beyond SOTI’s reasonable control, including any act of God, war, political unrest, government order, labour dispute, epidemic and/or pandemic, natural disaster, and/or the non-availability of the Event venue, SOTI will not be liable to you or the organization you represent in any way for any Event Changes, including any suspension, postponement, cancelation, and/or abandonment of the Event.
13 Event Website and App
- 13.1 Event Portal. SOTI may publish a website, create a portal, and/or make available a downloadable mobile application (“Event App”) which might contain information and/or other details about the Event (collectively, “Event Portal”). The Event Portal is made available “AS IS”, without any representations or warranties that the Event Portal, including any components, features, content and/or materials made available on it will be error free, up to date, available, accurate, and/or complete.
- 13.2 Voluntary Use. The Event Portal is provided for convenience and/or for information purposes only and your use or access of it is voluntary. By using or accessing the Event Portal and/or any of its features or applications, you are doing so at your own risk, and SOTI expressly disclaims any liability or damages in connection with your use and/or reliance on any features, functionality, content, materials, applications, and/or information contained in and/or made availability through the Event Portal.
14 Event Media
- 14.1 Event Media Rights. SOTI may capture images, photographs, videos, recordings, and/or other forms of media in connection with the Event (“Media”). SOTI reserves the right to use the Media for marketing activities in any form or medium of distribution or publication, including on SOTI websites, social media platforms and/or any marketing content to promote the Event and/or other SOTI products and/or services. At all times, SOTI will retain all rights, title, and interest in and to any Media, including any content and/or materials which incorporates any Media. You are strictly prohibited from and shall not be involved in collecting, capturing, producing and/or sharing any media (including taking any photographs, videos, or other recordings) at or related to the Event without SOTI’s prior written approval.
- 14.2 Registrant Consent. By registering for and attending the Event, you grant SOTI an irrevocable, royalty free, worldwide and unencumbered right to use, publish, reproduce, modify, and/or distribute any Media which contains your image, likeness, or otherwise relates to you, without compensation or further notification. You agree that you will not have and shall not pursue any claim to have any right, title, and/or interest in or to any Media including any content SOTI produces that incorporates any Media.
- 15.1 Unauthorized soliciting and marketing. Except for individuals and/or entities that have received SOTI’s written authorization (i.e. authorized sponsors and exhibitors), you shall not solicit or market any products and/or services at the Event or any other Event engagements.
- 15.2 Assignment. You shall not assign this Agreement or any rights under it to any other individual or entity. Any assignment in violation of this Section will be null and void.
- 15.3 Governing Law and Jurisdiction. This Agreement, and any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claim of whatever nature arising out of or in any way relating to this Agreement, the validity and performance hereof or its formation (including any non- contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Canada (save that the conflicts of law principles will be expressly excluded). The courts of Ontario have exclusive jurisdiction and venue in connection with any dispute or proceeding related to this Agreement. You agree that any dispute or proceeding under this Agreement must be conducted in the English language.
- 15.4 Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and SOTI in relation to its subject matter and supersedes any prior understanding, arrangement, and/or agreement whether oral or written. Nothing in this Agreement will limit or exclude any liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- 15.5 Interpretation. The English language version of this Agreement is binding, and takes precedence over any other translation.